When our Emmy-winning team filmed for our Martinique PBS TV episode in the French Caribbean, we had a few mishaps! See what happened in our special behind the scenes video, below, and check out a preview for this episode, above.
Highlights of “Travels with Darley: Martinique Adventures” include:
- Watching the sun set with a rum cocktail and fresh marlin tartare with Chef Guy Ferdinand, aka Chef Hot Pants, at Le Petibonum, a restaurant located on a black sand beach.
- A visit to the “Little Pompeii of the Caribbean,” Saint Pierre, the former capital of Martinique, which was wiped out by hot gas and volcanic debris in a matter of minutes!
- A sailing lesson combined with snorkeling with local Delice Nouel at Ilet Madame.
- Learning about Creole culture at the Emerald Estate (Domaine d’Emeraude), which cultivates tropical flora and fauna, many of which has traditional cultural significance.
- Rum tasting at Depaz Distillery.
- Walking along Martinique’s best beaches, including Les Anses-d’Arlet and Les Salines.
- An eco-friendly boat tour to visit mangroves and the island paradise of Ilet Chevalier.
- An early morning fishing expedition on a black sand beach in Le Carbet using traditional techniques, called Coup de Senne.
- The Vaka Band’s Carnival rehearsal.
- The Pottery Village in Trois Ilets with a special performance by the Clay Men Carnival group…
Watch “Travels with Darley: Martinique Adventures” on your local PBS TV station and Create TV.